By mid 2018, LinkedIn boasted 562 million users! According to LinkedIn, having a Company Page achieves the following:
- It raises brand awareness, by educating customers about your products and services,
- It promotes career opportunities, by attracting and recruiting top talent, and
- It builds relationships, by generating leads and engaging your audience.
The best way to expand your audience and improve business results is through LinkedIn, as they are regarded as the top-rated social network for lead generation. Take advantage of LinkedIn’s reach to establish your business as the go-to experts in your industry.
Step 1: Create the Page
From your personal feed, click on the “Work” menu and select “Create Company Page” at the bottom.
From there you can simply populate the fields as they appear, for example:
- Add a cover image and logo (and get six times more traffic to your Company Page by doing this.)
- Craft your company description using 2 000 characters. Spend extra time enticing visitors with the first 156 characters – they are visible in the Google preview of your company page. A good tip is to include words and phrases that describe your business, expertise and industry focus.
Step 2: Delegate
As with all networking, frequent and regular contact is a must. This can be distracting and/or exhausting to do on your own. So, set up page admins from your company (you must already be connected with them on LinkedIn) to assist with Step 3.
Step 3: Get Involved
Companies that post at least once per month gain followers 6 times faster than those that do not. Following from that, Company Pages with at least 150 followers typically get 5 times more Company Page views than those with fewer followers.
Using LinkedIn’s own best practices guide:
- Share rich content daily,
- Optimise your headlines and introductions,
- Upgrade your visuals, and
- Above all, be helpful and friendly, not sales-y!
WSI Social Selling Education
Are you interested in social selling techniques and strategies to enhance your reputation and help you prospect for new leads? Socialsellingeducation.com offers a range of instructor training, social selling workshops and consulting services that can be customised for your business. Contact us for more information today.