by David Duncan
Customer care has been around since the first trade transaction took place. Social media is a lot newer to the scene, but that has not stopped it from dominating our lives. Combining the two is an excellent way of rapidly and effectively getting to the heart of what your customers, need, want, and feel. Not only are social media networks an excellent means of sussing out your clients and managing bad press, but 40% of customers already use social media for customer service.
How to Use Social Media for Customer Care
Consider for a moment how much time the average adult whiles away on his or her smartphone. It is no wonder, then, that more than half of consumers already report to having used Facebook for a support interaction; and 21% of Twitter users have used the platform to request service. For forward thinking organizations who provide assistance before it is needed, 48% of purchasers have watched a support video online.
For practical reasons, most of us prefer to receive information via our own choice of correspondence. Nearly nine out of ten customers say that they would be more satisfied if social media messaging was offered as a “channel of choice”.
Being more proactive is a must:
- 68% of businesses state that social is a necessary service channel.
- 61% that offer social care report higher customer satisfaction.
- 58% of establishments find that social care increases the loyalty of their customers.
- 55% of businesses regard social support as a competitive differentiator.
Pitfalls of Social Media for Customer Care
With this powerful tool comes various challenges for customer service teams. As you develop your social media marketing strategy for the months ahead, consider how you plan to handle the following:
- Analyzing and monitoring activity reports.
- Listening to all the social activity.
- Integrating social care with your CRM.
- Prioritizing customer responses.
- Coaching customer service agents.
Leveraging Social Media for Your Customer Care
Are you interested in social selling techniques and strategies to enhance your reputation and help you prospect for new leads? Socialsellingeducation.com offers a range of instructor training, social selling workshops and consulting services that can be customised for your business. Contact us for more information today.
- 4 Rules for Endurance in Social Selling
- Social selling works thanks to real connections between real people
- Sales aren’t the guaranteed result of Social Media Marketing
- Leveraging video testimonials to build brand trust and close sales
- How Automation Has the Potential to Curb Your Social Selling Success
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014