To the uninitiated, LinkedIn may seem to lack the pizzazz and glamour that the more “social” media pages boast with. For instance, think Instagram and you picture (pardon the pun) gorgeous pictures; think Facebook and you expect to learn all about your friends’ doings-and-goings on.
While LinkedIn perhaps does not conjure up exotic locations and glamorous events, it is regarded as one of the premier business-to-business social networks. By April 2017, it was one of the internet’s fastest growing networks with an estimated 500 million users representing more than 200 countries; it listed more than 10 million active job posts and had data on more than 9 million companies. Just in case these figures do not convince you of LinkedIn’s popularity, here are more reasons:
- It is one of the most effective ways to market yourself and your business:
- Want to be noticed? Simple. Post original content.
- It is one of the best online marketing tools for B2B companies.
- It is the best alternative marketing tool for B2C companies with which to communicate their message to professional audiences.
- Looking to fill a position? LinkedIn is one of the best ways in which to source and screen potential candidates.
- Used correctly, it is a lead generation machine.
- It is a brilliant tool to network with other working professionals:
- You can stay in touch with both current and previous colleagues.
- It is one of the easiest and simplest ways of being introduced to new people, whether they are professionals in a similar or totally unrelated industry.
- It is a brilliant way of positioning yourself to identify and grab future opportunities.
- It is a good tool to learn about and stay on top of industry trends.
- It is a very useful tool for the entry level job-seek or the newly graduated individual to suss out the industry they wish to enter and to identify jobs, careers and opportunities.
The popularity of LinkedIn indicates that it can, and indeed, should be used as a social Media Marketing Tool. If you are interested in social selling techniques and strategies to enhance your reputation and help you prospect for new leads, the good news is that Socialsellingeducation.com offers a range of instructor training, social selling workshops and consulting services that can be customised for your business. Contact us for more information today.