Picture it: Scandinavian 1,000,00BC. Mr Stone needs a new mammoth-killing spear. He has hunted with Mr Smoulder who sells spears. He has received many parchment flyers from Mr Bluster. Who will he buy from?
From the beginning of time, the sales process has gone hand in hand with relationships. With our modern technological advantage, now it is easier than ever to break through previous barriers – such as geography or social status – to establish relationships with target customers.
Recent statistics back that up:
- 91% of B2B buyers are active on social media platforms.
- 84% of senior executives report using social media to support their purchasing decisions.
- 75% of B2B buyers admit to being significantly influenced by social media.
Step by Step Ways to Leverage Social Media for Better Sales
- Use your traditional buyer personal exercise to select which social media platforms your prospects favour, and start by focusing on those. For example, would Pinterest and Instagram be better for a) a wedding cake baker, or b) an electrical wholesaler?
Take these figures into consideration:
Most teens prefer Facebook (84%) and Instagram (37%)
The majority (27%) of LinkedIn users fall into the 30-49 years age category.
- Build authentic relationships by interacting with prospects and clients in a way that is relatable, likeable, and trustworthy.
Prove that your brand is an amicable and dependable source.
- Use a tool such as socialmention.com to seek out who is talking about your brand, and connect with those individuals.
Add value to their network by commenting or sharing their posts and answer their questions. Inevitably they will follow you back, allowing you to find out more about their needs. Send them a private message or email positioning yourself as a friend who has identified a solution.
Are you interested in social selling techniques and strategies to enhance your reputation and help you prospect for new leads? Socialsellingeducation.com offers a range of instructor training, social selling workshops and consulting services that can be customised for your business. Contact us for more information today.
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014